The Importance and Etiquettes of Learning
- What is a study circle and what is its purpose?
- Some Qur’anic Verses & Hadith on the importance of knowledge.
- The benefits of group study.
- Some etiquettes of studying in a group.
- How to gain maximum benefit from the circle.
The above are some of the topics that we shall be discussing in this weeks circle.
Continue reading Importance and Etiquettes of Learning
Insha Allah in the coming weeks I will be sharing with you the notes that I use to deliver some of the talks at our local Wednesday circle. These will be very brief and in bullet point form and are mainly there for those who attend the circle to come back to for a refreshment of what we talked about, but it may also be of benefit to you insha Allah.
The first talk was on the Importance and Etiquettes of Seeking Knowledge. Next week we will begin going through the translation and very basic commentary of Surah Al Fatiha.
Please make dua that Allah accepts this circle and makes it be a source of benefit for the local youth and the local community.
This is one of the best Hamza Yusuf talks from his early days. Masha Allah get’s straight to the point and is very inspiring:
Thanks brother Arfan for uploading!
Reviving the Wednesday Circle
Event: The Wednesday Circle
Date/Time: Every Wednesday at 7:30pm (After Salatul ‘Esha)
Area: Shoreditch/Bethnal Green (Boundary Estate)
Venue: Please e-mail me for details
Restrictions: Brothers only
The Wednesday Circle is a circle for the youth that has been running for over 10 years now in some shape or form. It is a circle aimed at young boys between 11-19 years of age, but is not limited to them and everyone is welcome to attend.
Traditionally the circle has always been random topics based talks and discussions. We have decided to try something different and have introduced a structure that we hope will be of benefit to the local youth.
Each month will be divided into 4 sessions (weeks) which will be repeated consecutively as follows:
· Session/Week 1 will cover a translation and explanation of one of the short Surah’s of the Qur’an that we regularly recite in our daily Salah, starting with Surah Al-Fatiha and going up to Surah Al-Fil and possibly beyond.
· Session/Week 2 will cover the life of the Prophet (peace be upon him) based on one of the English texts that are available.
· Session/Week 3 will cover a life of one of the companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him).
· Session/Week 4 will be left as an empty slot to cover general topics of interest and hold question and answer sessions.
The circles are run by local brothers and the talks are also delivered by local brothers. I would be grateful if you could publicise this by word of mouth/e-mail to anyone (particularly parents of young boys) you know that live in the Bethnal Green and Shoreditch area.
Please get in touch with me if you would like more details or information.
A Return to Purity in Creed is now available from Islamopedia Books.
Title: A Return to Purity in Creed
Author: Imam Al-Ghazzali
Translated by: Abdulla bin Hamid Ali
Continue reading A Return to Purity in Creed by Imam Al Ghazzali