Wednesday Circle | 15 Second Reminders | 03: The Qualities of the Hypocrites
Yesterday at the Circle we concluded the brief explanation of verses 1-20 of Surah Al-Baqarah.
The first 5 verses of Surah Al Baqarah deal with the Believers (Muttaqun), the next 2 verses deal with the Disbelievers (Kafiroun), and the next 13 verses deal with the Hypocrites (Munafiqun) and these are the worst of people.
We spoke about some of the Qualities of the Hypocrites in the hope that we can avoid them in ourselves. Their qualities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Consistently denying the message from Allah and sell their Herefafter for the Dunya (Qur’an 2:16)
- Mocking the believers (Qur’an 2:9)
- Saying they believe when in reality they do not (Qur’an 2:8)
- Spreading mischief in the land, enjoining the evil and forbidding the good (Qur’an 2:12)
- Enmity and Envy towards the believers (Qur’an 9:50)
- Greedy for wealth (Qur’an 9:58)
- Speaking lies (Hadith, Muslim)
- Insulting others when they get angry (Hadith, Muslim)
- Breaking promises, contracts and trusts (Hadith, Muslim)
Hypocrisy is such a heinous crime in the sight of Allah that Allah chose the lowest depths of Hell for the hypocrites (Qur’an 4:145).
May Allah save us from having any qualities of the Hypocrites in us.
Ma’ariful Qur’an of Mufti Shafi
IslamQA – http://islamqa.info/en/12387