Here is something good to kick off the new year and to give you a host of new deeds to complete every day for as long as you wish.
Make your very own ‘Box of Good Deeds’ for the home, workplace, school, prayer room, masjid or any other space that you like.
Follow the simple steps below to get going:
- Buy a medium sized gift / storage box (or for the more creative amongst us, make your own using an old card board box). Label it ‘The Box of Good Deeds’. You may also use a jar, a pot or anything else that you can get your hands into.
- Print out the following document – box-of-good-deeds
- Cut out the squares with the good deeds noted within.
- Fold up each square and place it in your ‘Box of Good Deeds’
- Place the ‘Box of Good Deeds’ in an accessible location in your chosen space.
- Use it everyday to take out a square, read and note the deed, carry out the deed, and repeat the same steps the following day, taking out a different random square each day.
Share the blessing by sharing this post with your friends, family, and contacts.
Also share with us photos of your ‘Box of Good Deeds’ via social media tagging them with the hashtag #boxofgooddeeds and #islamopedia. You can also tag us by using our tag @islamopedia on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
You may also email us your photos on email@example.com. (Depending on the number of entries, there may be a prize on offer for the most creative entry)
Remember, anyone who completes a good deed due to you sharing this with them, you will also get a reward equivalent to the reward that they get.
The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) said:
“He who inaugurates a good sunna in Islam earns the reward of it and of all who perform it after him without diminishing their own rewards in the slightest. And he who introduces a bad sunna is guilty of the sin of it and of all who perform it after him without diminishing their own sins in the slightest.”
Get creating, get doing and get sharing. Let’s make this go viral for the sake of Allah, seeking by it only His Pleasure and His Reward.